This Course has been designed for potential and existing plant operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training. The Course duration is tailored to meet individual’s needs depending on the item of plant and the operator’s experience. CPCS, NPORS or in-house certification is available depending on your requirements.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- have a sound knowledge of legal requirements and legislation.
- learn techniques for operating plant.
- know what different types of plant are available.
- be competent to carry out basic operations to industry standards.
- be competent to carry out basic routine checks and adjustments.
- know which safety precautions must be observed.
- be able to load and unload machinery from a transporter, where applicable
To ensure personnel are able to:
- Operate machinery to industry standards.
- Understand the safety requirements applicable to their specific category of plant.
- To be able to maintain plant.
- Able to operate to given instructions.
- Know the limitations and capabilities of their machine and any attachments.
This course satisfies the requirements of:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- PUWER-Provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- LOLER-Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998.