This Course has been designed for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training. The Course duration is tailored to meet individual’s needs depending on the users experience.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- have a sound knowledge of legal requirements and legislation.
- learn techniques for operating equipment.
- know what different types of equipment are available.
- be competent to carry out basic operations to industry standards.
- be competent to carry out basic routine checks and adjustments.
- know which safety precautions must be observed.
To ensure personnel are able to:
- Operate equipment to industry standards.
- Understand the safety requirements applicable to their specific equipment.
- To be able to maintain equipment.
- Able to use to industry standards.
- Know the limitations and capabilities of their equipment.
This course satisfies the requirements of:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- PUWER-Provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998.