All Candidates are to be medically fit to operate Breathing Apparatus throughout the course criteria. All Candidates must be physically & mentally capable of meeting the requirements of the course. Each candidate will be assessed on their ability & use of the equipment. A written assessment forms part of the assessment (please inform us a.s.a.p. of any special requirements) All candidates have to satisfy the qualified instructors that they are competent to safely operate in a confined space.This will involve practical scenarios wearing Breathing Apparatus in confined spaces.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Demonstrate the usage of breathing apparatus.
- Have a sound knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Have completed a written assessment paper.
- Work confidently in confined spaces.
For each individual to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Risk Assessment.
- Safety while operating in a confined space.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Gas Detection.
A valid Certificate of competence and photo card are awarded to the successful candidate and are valid for three years.