This Course has been designed for potential and existing persons who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training. The Course duration is tailored to meet individual abilities depending on experience and knowledge. CPCS, NPORS or in-house certification is available depending on your requirements.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- have a sound knowledge of legal requirements and legislation procedures.
- learn techniques for slinging items and dweking loads.
- know different types of slings and lifting equipment.
- learn techniques for guiding loads
- be competent to carry out slinger signaller duties
- be competent to carry out basic routine checks and adjustments.
- know which safety precautions must be observed.
- be able to select correct lifting equipment and identify damaged lifting equipment
To ensure personnel are able to:
- Carry out slinger/signaller duties to industry standards
- Understand the safety requirements applicable to slinger/signaller duties
- To be able to maintain slings
- Able to carry out slinger/signaller duties to given instructions
- Know their limitations and responsibilities
This course satisfies the requirements of:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- PUWER-Provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- LOLER-Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998.