This Course has been designed for Construction personnel who require a general overview and awareness of the Working at Height Regulations 2005, and practical experience of the safe erection and use of scaffold towers.
The aim of this course is to give candidates a working knowledge of the legal requirements and safety precautions necessary when working at heights
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have an understanding of the working at height regulations (WAH 2005)
- Have an understanding of the relevant Provisions and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER 1998)
- Demonstrate the safe erection and use of scaffold towers
- Have knowledge of the safe installation and use of crawling boards
- Have knowledge of the correct measures for working on fragile roofs
- Understand the correct measures for working close to excavations
- Have knowledge of the use of fall arrest protection systems
- Have knowledge of the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999
This course satisfies the requirements of:
- Working At Height regulations 2005
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999
There will be a question paper at the end of this course and in addition delegates will participate in the safe erection of a scaffold tower exercise, on successful completion of the above delegates will receive an appropriate certificate.