This 1 day Course has been designed for construction operatives and supervisors who are involved in the day to day slinging of loads and movements of loads and vehicles.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- have a sound knowledge of legal requirements.
- learn techniques for slinging loads and movement of vehicles.
- know what different types of equipment are available.
- plan the lifting operation safely.
- select the correct lifting equipment for the task.
- use the equipment in a safe and correct manner and guide vehicle operations successfully by hand and radio.
To ensure personnel are able to:
- understand health & safety legislation applicable to lifting operations.
- plan the lift.
- understand the risks of lifting operations and identifying unsafe practices.
- demonstrate the correct use of hand and radio signals.
- to teach techniques for solving day to day slinging/banksmen problems.
- to enable the delegates to test the performance of their equipment.
- understand the safe and correct method of slinging loads and correct use of equipment.
This course satisfies the requirements of:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- LOLER-lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998.
- PUWER-provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998.
- Construction (health safety and welfare) Regulation 1996.