This Course has been designed for Construction Operatives.To give the candidates a general overview and awareness of Construction related Health & Safety at Work. This can also be used as a two yearly refresher.There is no formal Assessment of this course but each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance.
This course aims to:
- To create an awareness of construction hazards.
- To create a safer place of work.
- To reduce long and short term injuries and death.
- To reduce long term ill health.
- To create a cleaner and safer environment.
- To reduce accidental damage.
- To comply with all current legislation including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
By the end of the course delegates will be:
- Aware of current legislation and their individual responsibilities together with the responsibilities of their employers.
- Be able to carry out their tasks in a safe and competent manner.
- Be more aware of hazardous situations.
- Know what is the correct PPE to wear and the importance of always wearing it when required.
- How to distinguish between the different types of fire extinguisher and which to use in various situations.
- How to lift correctly and how to decide whether a particular item is suitable to be lifted manually.
- How to look after your plant, vehicles & machinery.
- How to deal with hazardous substances (COSHH).
- Accident Reporting.
This course covers current legislation under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.