This course, usually run over 1 day / 6 hours to qualify you as the First Aider in the workplace and is particularly suited for medium / low risk organisations or for those with a small number of employees. Previously known as HSE Emergency First Aid at Work.
This course covers all aspects of First Aid and meets the requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The course is suitable for staff nominated to be emergency first aiders.
The aim of the course is to equip delegates with:
- the essential knowledge and practical experience to enable them to carry out first aid in the work
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- use first aid equipment
- understand employer duties and legislation
- be aware of current first aid protocols
- maintain first aid records
The topics covered include the following:
- Health and Safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident
- The priorities of first aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Common workplace injuries
- Have an understanding of the use and abilities of an AED
The course is subject to continuous candidate assessment. If successful, the delegate will receive an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate which is valid for three years.