This 4 hour long course will train the candidate in basic life support and emergency response and enable them to take charge when someone is injured or falls ill at work. This course is particularly suited for low/medium risk establishment or to complement your existing first aid skills and will fully enable the candidate to take on the duties of an Appointed person.
The aim of this course to equip workers with the basic first aid skills required to deal with an emergency situation at work.
- Danger, Response, Airway, Breathing (DRAB)
- Recovery position
- What to do in an emergency
- Casualty assessment
- Asphyxia – Care of a choking casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of fractures
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds
- Understanding the use of an AED
There is a formal assessment at the end of this course and a short question paper.
An accompanying booklet will be issued with the course as an aide memoir.