This 1/2 day course is designed as an introduction to safe working with Asbestos, providing delegates with a clear understanding of Asbestos, its dangers, where it can be found and actions to be taken. Our course has been approved by IATP (Independent Asbestos Training Providers) and we are an approved IATP course provider. IATP certification can be provided if requested.
To enable candidates to know
- the health hazards caused by asbestos and its routes of entry into the body
- the basic occupiers duties in relation to asbestos
- relevant Legislation (industry specific)
- the origins of Asbestos and where it is found
- the locations/products where asbestos containing materials are likely to be found
- The asbestos removal process
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is.
- List places where asbestos is found.
- Identify the health risks associated with asbestos.
- Identify the three steps to limiting exposure to asbestos.
- List locations where asbestos typically found.
- Distinguish between friable and non-friable materials.
- How to determine the condition of asbestos-containing material.
- Describe what to do if you find materials that could release asbestos fibers.
- Define disturbance as it applies to asbestos.
- List the PPE that should be worn when handling asbestos.
- Describe how to contain an area where asbestos is present.
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Approved Code of Practice L143 ‘Managing and working with asbestos
Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
Control of asbestos regulations 2012